Well it's been quite a journey to date. Have never attempted anything beyond skype and predictive texting. Just shows that mastery does come through trial and error and, of course, perseverance. Kaye, a student of mine, really helped me and to her I am forever grateful, but the actual 'doing' of the exercise is left to me.
Have started reading and thinking about the whole area of assessment which becomes larger and more complex. Must admit that my older brain has difficulty with such concepts as 'ecological assessment', what happened to simple, inclusive language?
I am following a tangent towards higher education assessment, and personal experience, but am very open to hearing how assessment theories are applied in any setting. The more we connect with others, the greater the benefit. Throughout my teaching career, the place of the student is the central pivot and I think that this is where assessment planning should start. Assessments are usually devised separately from students yet the outcomes of those assessments are what enables the student to proceed or not - and that thought is scary. We are, or are we, responsble for the ongoing learning development of students. In Aotearoa we talk about the concept of partnership - is assessment part of this?
I welcome conversations about any aspect that comes up in discussion. :)Liz
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment